A well-installed system solar panel will last for many years. You generally do not have to worry about the elements damaging the panels. But, as solar energy systems age there may be maintenance needed.
Solar panels convert the energy of the sun into electricity that powers your home, appliances, and devices. When you go solar, you’re reducing your carbon footprint by relying on clean, renewable energy. You’re also saving money on your electric bills. The key to continue those savings is making sure your solar panels are in top condition. In this article, we’ll help you identify whether your solar panels need to be repaired or maintained, and when they need to be replaced.
How to tell if your solar panels aren’t working right
Your photovoltaic system may be working fine, but the weather and your energy usage will affect how much excess energy you are given credit for by your electric company. Here are some more reliable signs of a suboptimal system:
- You see an orange or red light on your inverter
- The kilowatt hours on your solar meter aren’t increasing
- Your solar panels have cracks in them
Only an inspection by a licensed provider like Florida Solar can tell you for sure what the issue is with your system.
When your solar panels need repairs or maintenance
In some cases, solar panels will show visible signs of damage. But, if your solar panels show no outward signs of damage, here are a few reasons they might be underperforming:
- Dirty panels. Panels can quickly underperform when covered with pollen, leaves, pine needles, and sap. If your solar panels are dirty, don’t try to clean them yourself. Call Florida Solar to handle this delicate work.
- The angle of your panels. If your panels weren’t installed correctly, they won’t receive maximum sunlight throughout the day. This may explain the lack of power, and our technicians will be able to see if this is the case.
If you suspect one or more of these to be an issue, or you think your system’s performance has fallen well below what it had been generating, please let us know.
Call Florida Solar for a free inspection of your solar panels
Let Florida Solar do the work for you and do it right the first time. We’ll give you trustworthy advice on whether a system is worth fixing or replacing.
We’ll inspect your entire system and clean your panels if necessary to restore them to their proper operating condition. Keep in mind that prevention is the best pathway to a long-lasting system, and there’s no team better to trust than the dedicated experts at Florida Solar.
Contact us online or call us at 727-877-3175 to talk to us about the details on our maintenance package. We’re available to listen to your concerns and schedule a time to inspect your system and put your mind at ease.